To track an attachment within your compose window:
- Click on the blue paperclip icon at the bottom of your compose window
- Select your file
- PDF and PPT files will prompt a tracked presentations window where you'll be presented with two check boxes (please note, these prompts will only appear for PDFs and PowerPoints. This step will be skipped for Word Docs, Excel Sheets, or MP4s):
- Allow recipient to download: This means that the recipient can download the PDF or PPT and then it is theirs to keep and do with as they please. Keep in mind that if they download the attachment and then share their downloaded copy, you will have no insight into who else has seen the PDF or PPPT.
- Ask the recipient to enter a name to access the presentation: If you ask a recipient to enter their name to access the PD or PPT, you will then be able to see the name of each individual who has accessed the attachment and for how long they have viewed it. For example, if you send the presentation to John Smith and he looks at it and then forwards your email to Jane Doe and she looks at it, your Presentation Report will show you that both John Smith and Jane Doe have viewed the attachment. They can choose to skip adding their name.
- Make your selection to the above questions and click "continue."
- The presentation or attachment will be added to the email via a stylized link.
Once the recipient opens and views the attachment, you will be notified through the Yesware Activity Feed at the top of Gmail, and here, you will also be able to view the presentation report for PDF and PPT views.